Conditions of Use
Definitions In this agreement:
- “Carrier” means any person or business contracted by us to carry Goods from us to you, whether all or part of the distance.
- “Our Web Site” means the entire computing hardware and software installation that is or supports www.WallArt-Direct.co.uk.
- “Goods” means any of the Goods we offer for sale on www.WallArt-Direct.co.uk.
- “Content” means information in any form published on www.WallArt-Direct.co.uk by us or any third party with our consent.
Our contract with you These terms and conditions apply:
- so far as the context allows, to you as a visitor to our web site; and
- in any event to you as a buyer or prospective buyer of our Goods.
- Goods advertised may not be available.
- We shall accept your order by e-mail confirmation. Our message will also confirm details of your purchase and tell you when we shall dispatch your order.
- We may change these terms from time to time. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on Our Web Site on the day you order Goods.
- All descriptions, colours and sizes of the canvases are as indicated on our web site although some very minor variations may occur during manufacture. Accordingly, any such description shall not form part of this Agreement.
- If for any reason we are unable to offer you the canvas you have ordered, we will offer you alternatives before we dispatch your order. If this happens you may:
- accept the alternatives we offer;
- cancel your order;
- leave the order valid (where you have ordered more than one canvas), but tell us to omit the item that cannot be supplied.
- If we owe you money (for this or any other reason), we will credit your credit or debit card as soon as reasonably practicable but in any event no later than 30 days from the date of your order.
Price and Payment
- You must pay us the full price of your order before we will send any part of it.
- Banking charges by the receiving bank on payments to us will be borne by us. All other charges relating to payment in a currency other than pounds Sterling (GBP) will be borne by you.
- Any details given by us in relation to exchange rates are approximate only and may vary from time to time.
- You will pay all sums due to us under these terms by the means specified without any set-off, deduction or counterclaim.
Information you give us
- You agree that you have provided, and will continue to provide accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We need this information to provide you with the Goods.
- We will use our reasonable endeavors to respond to any point of dissatisfaction by you, provided you contact us within a reasonable time frame.
- Deliveries will be made by the Carrier to the address stipulated in your order. You must ensure that someone is present to accept delivery.
- If we are not able to deliver your Goods within 30 days of the date of your order, we shall notify you by e-mail to advise you of this and arrange another date for delivery or an option to cancel your order.
Taxes, duties and import restrictions
- You are responsible for purchasing Goods which you are lawfully able to import and for the payment of import duties and taxes of any kind levied in your country of residence.
- Because you are buying the Goods by mail order, you may have a right of cancellation. If you do, (and only if you do), these are the terms which apply:
- You must tell us you wish to cancel within 14 days of your receipt of the Goods;
- In any event, you may not cancel orders for specially commissioned or personalised goods (this particularly relates to canvas art pictures created with an image you have provided us with or where you have asked us to alter a picture, advertised on the website, to suit your specific requirements;
- We would request the goods be returned to us within 30 days of your telling us you wish to cancel with both goods and all packaging in their original condition securely wrapped/package including any delivery slip provided by us (where applicable)
- Please note we can not accept the return of any goods that have been damage in the Transit. In the event the goods are not returned in there original condition you will be requested to have the goods collected. It will then be your responsibility to re coupe any loss or damages from your courier company. All goods returned are at your risk and cost.
- After we have received the Goods, we will credit your credit or debit card with the full purchase price of the goods. We request items are returned no later than 30 days from the date of receipt;
- If you do not return the Goods to us, you are still liable to us for the cost.
- We or our Content suppliers may make improvements or changes to Our Web Site, the Content, or to any of the Goods, at any time and without advance notice.
- Our Web Site contains links to other Internet web sites. We have neither power nor control over any such web site. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable in any way for the Content of any such linked web site, nor for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such web site.
Content and Intellectual Property Rights
- Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in the Content whether provided by us or by any other Content provider shall remain the sole property of us and / or the other Content provider. We will strongly protect its rights in all countries.
- You may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, except as is expressly permitted in this agreement. You may download or copy the Content only for your own personal use, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. You may not store electronically any significant portion of any Content.
- If you believe that your work has been copied, distributed or used on the website in a way that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement, please contact us here.
- You agree to indemnify us against any claim or demand, including reasonable lawyers’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising in any way out of your use of Our Web Site, or the infringement by you, or by any other person using your computer, of any intellectual property or other right of any person.
- Where we provide Goods without specific charge, then it (or they) is deemed to be provided free of charge, and not to be associated with any other service for which a charge is made. Accordingly, there is no contractual nor other obligation upon us in respect of any such goods.
- In the event of a dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms or any contract between you and us, then you agree to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- We are not liable for any breach of our obligations resulting from causes beyond our reasonable control.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England. This agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is hereby expressly excluded.